Fourth Sector Consulting is seeking to add a strategy associate to their team. Read below for more about the communications firm and the position qualifications. Learn more about applying online.
Fourth Sector Consulting is a communications firm focused on social impact. We work at the intersection of communications, culture and technology, building bridges where none exist and connecting big ideas with the partners necessary to create lasting change.
Our growing, Minneapolis-based team seeks a strategy associate passionate about helping clients navigate a rapidly changing communications landscape and advance social impact.
Working with clients from the public, private and non-profit sectors, you would:
• Manage project deliverables and deadlines for a variety of clients;
• Build and support communications strategies that make a difference on the issues impacting our lives – climate change, health, the arts, equity and more;
• Take an empathetic, people-first approach to understanding needs and building solutions in partnership with clients;
• Actively shape the work and practices of a growing company;
• Be part of a team – every voice and perspective is valued;
• Build a career based on making our communities better places to live, work and play.
Fourth Sector Consulting is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers. In addition to offering a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer a flexible work environment, professional development opportunities and dedicated time for community engagement. Our team is deeply engaged in our community, and we support employees as they navigate personal and professional commitments. We’re also actively exploring regular pancake breakfasts – with gluten-free options for those with dietary sensitivities. You know you want in on this.
• Minimum of four (4) years communications experience; background in marketing/communications/journalism/media;
• Strong organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a solid work ethic;
• Capacity to self-motivate and work independently as well as part of a team;
• Ability to jump in and out of projects and assist on other projects as necessary;
• Capable of remaining calm and exhibiting a professional demeanor under pressure;
• Comfortable working on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment;
• Ability to travel, potentially on short notice;
• Demonstrated expertise and experience in social impact work;
• Issue area expertise in any of the following: health, food, racial equity, maternal/child health, transportation, arts, and/or environment (or, frankly, issue area expertise in an area about which you are passionate);
• Strong understanding of community engagement and/or community organizing;
• Perspectives on how strategic communications can help advance social impact.
• Collaborative; Empathetic;
• Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment;
• Connector – of people, ideas and more;
• Cross-disciplinary thinker;
• Always learning;
• Embrace technology and social media;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Listen well;
• Enjoy challenges (even when they’re especially challenging);
• Smart, in all the ways that matter;
• Strong sense of humor;
Fourth Sector Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.